The Treasurer’s Office is responsible for managing the invested assets for nearly 300,000 state and municipal employees, teachers and retirees who are pension plan participants and beneficiaries. We must keep the commitments our State has made to current and future employees and retirees who have paid into our plans, and ensure that we protect the long-term solvency and funding of our pension for the future. We also will need to make sure we are protecting every dollar that should be going toward funding our pension plans by ensuring we are maximizing our investment performance, increasing efficiencies, and reducing fees.
- Increasing funded ratio of pension funds
- Protecting pension plans for state and municipal employees, teachers and retirees
- Ensuring optimal asset allocation
- Building a diversified investment portfolio which can weather the current inflationary environment
- Maximizing return on investments, minimize fees and increasing efficiency