The Treasurer is also responsible for promoting strong corporate governance practices, ensuring the State’s investments reflect our values, and enhancing the financial integrity of the State. As a large shareholder, the Treasurer sits on boards of companies with whom we do business and can leverage the State’s investments to help promote socially responsible corporate governance and diversity. As a gay, black attorney working in the financial industry, Erick knows how critical it is to have diverse voices represented in board rooms and in state government.
- Divesting from gun manufacturers
- Developing a comprehensive plan for moving away from fossil fuels
- Corporate Diversity
- Encouraging responsible environmental practices
- Promoting fair labor practices
- Advocating against excessive executive compensation