New Haven - Today, top Latino Democrats from across Connecticut, representing tens of thousands of residents across the state, penned and released a new open-letter about why they are supporting the Connecticut Democratic Party-endorsed candidate for State Treasurer Erick Russell.
“Latinos for Russell” include the House Majority Leader, leadership of the Connecticut Hispanic Democratic Caucus, former candidates for statewide office, Council Presidents of Hartford and Bridgeport, along with state legislators, other local elected officials and party leaders from each Congressional District.
- House Majority Leader Jason Rojas (East Hartford & Manchester)
- Connecticut Hispanic Democratic Caucus Chairman, Miguel Castro (Meriden)
- Former Chairman of the Connecticut Hispanic Democratic Caucus, Joseph Rodriguez, (New Haven)
- State Representative Hilda Santiago, former 2022 candidate for Secretary of State (Meriden)
- State Representative Geraldo Reyes (Waterbury)
- State Representative Antonio Felipe (Bridgeport)
- State Representative Julio Concepcion (Hartford)
- State Representative Edwin Vargas (Hartford)
- State Representative Chris Rosario (Bridgeport)
- State Representative Bobby Sanchez (New Britain)
- State Representative Manny Sanchez (New Britain & Newington)
- Hartford City Council President Maly Rosado
- Bridgeport City Council President Aidee Nieves
“I’m grateful for the support of these Democratic leaders. There is too much on the line this fall, and I know we need to bring together all of our communities to fight for our future and for policy that is impactful and thoughtful,” said Treasurer Candidate Erick Russell. “These local and state leaders understand that we need to keep our state fiscally strong if we’re going to invest in infrastructure, education, and healthcare across Connecticut. They recognize that we must expand financial literacy and create new tools and programs to begin to raise wages and break the generational and racial wealth gap. They recognize that we need a candidate who understands how the Treasurer’s Office can make a difference in advancing our values through our investment strategy, including further integration of equity, diversity and inclusion into the investment due diligence process and providing more opportunity for minority-owned investment firms. I am humbled by their support and trust.”
Please visit this link for the open-letter and the full list of endorsements.